Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Month of April


The first weekend in April, Mike, Jeremy, and I drove up to Utah for my Nauvoo Class reunion. We drove up on Friday night when Mike got home from work. Our goal was to pull an all night drive, but as Mesquite got closer, we decided to stop and sleep for the rest of the night. We stayed at the Virgin River......worst experience ever! The whole hotel smelled of smoke, the beds were tiny and hard as a rock and not to mention our neighbors. Lets just say it was like we were in a movie. Where a family comes to rest and the couple next door are "having fun" if you know what I mean. Not fun at all. However, the rest was necessary and well needed. We woke up early so we could get into Springville Utah for lunch. We stayed with Mike's sister, Jami and her family. I love her family. She has three little girls who are just so much fun. After we showered and got ready, we drove up to Salt Lake to walk around Temple square. We met up with my awesome sister and a couple of her friends to just visit. After we walked around, Mike and I went up to Bountiful to my reunion. Only FIVE of my nauvoo friends showed up. It was a lot of fun to catch up with them and remember old times.


Then on Sunday morning, we woke up to SNOW!!! It was fun. JEremy did not like the snow at all. He didnt like being cold ( I don't blame him). He spent most of the time in the garage with a scowl on his face. He is DEFINETLY a So Cal kid. After we played in the snow, we went over to my Best friend Allysa's house for breakfast and conference. We enjoyed waffles and bacon with her cute little family and parents. Once the session was over, Jeremy and I said goodbye to Mike as he left to go back to California so he could get to work on Monday. Then Jeremy and I drove up to Idaho with my sister so we could drive home with her on thursday. We had a FUN week. As Jessica took finals and went to class, Jeremy and I hung out with my roomie from Nauvoo Miriam and her cute sons. We also hung out with my other roomie KAtie and her cute kids. Idaho has to be one of the coldest palces EVER!! We had a good time. Jessica and I left on Wednesday night and drove to Saint George and stayed the Days Inn. It was a much better expierence. A big king bed with fluffy pillows, way comfortable. We woke up early on Thursday and drove the rest of the way home. Jessica and I had tons of fun. Jeremy was the BEST little boy I could have ever asked for. HE just sat in the back of the car and watched MEGamind over and over and over........
On April 13th we went to Disneyland and I FORGOT my camera. IT was a wonderful day spent with my parents, Jessica, and Jordan. Jeremy had so much fun this year. He was able to go on more of the rides and enjoyed every minute of it. We asked him if he wanted to wait to see Mickey or go on another ride, and he said another ride. We were able to go on EVERYTHING we wanted to. We stayed for the fireworks becasue JEremy wanted to see them, within 5 minutes of the show, Jeremy was out. It turned out to be a very fun day and look forward to continue this traditoon of going once a year.



Easter was tons of fun this year. We all got new Easter clothes....don't we look great? I think so.


Jeremy had so much fun hunting for "eggies." He was able to find them all with little to no help at all. The month of April had to be the best month so far.

1 comment:

Heather and Spencer said...

Love the picture of Jeremy with his Easter basket...so cute!